Ok, you’re walking around the Magic Kingdom and it’s about 2:00pm and you don’t have dinner reservations until 7:00pm because everything was booked up. You’ve got to find a snack somewhere in one of these magical lands to tie you over but where do you go? Do you reach in your pocket for that stick of gum hoping it will get you to dinner? Hardly. How about the screaming kids who can only eat so many Cheerios? I think if you try one of these tasty Disney snacks (ranked in no particular order) you’ll definitely be in good shape!
1. Citrus Swirl (Sunshine Tree Terrace – Adventureland): This is one of those Disney treats that will go down in history as ‘an oldie but a goodie!’ On those hot summer days the Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland is one of the places that we head straight to as you cannot beat the all natural Florida orange juice that makes up this delicious treat. The frozen orange juice is good by itself but it’s even better with that swirl of vanilla soft serve wrapped around it! You are not a true Walt Disney World fan unless you try this timeless treat in the Magic Kingdom.
2. Funnel Cake (Sleepy Hollow – Liberty Square): There’s just something about the funnel cake at the Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square that makes you crave them. Some may say ‘I didn’t come all the way to Walt Disney World for a funnel cake’ but you’ll quickly find out this DISNEY funnel cake is so much better that the local carnival or fair ones you get at home. Stop by in the morning and have one for breakfast or try it as a snack. YUM!
3. Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse (Pecos Bill – Frontierland): Ok, a year or so ago we stopped in Pecos Bill on our first day of vacation and we hogged out on Burgers and Chicken Wraps and since we were lucky enough to have the Dining Plan, we also got dessert. Well let’s just say I should have saved room for this Chocolaty-Peanut-Buttery gift from the sweet gods! WOW…it almost hurts your teeth it’s so sweet. You’ll definitely need something salty after this treat so save some french fries to chase this sweet snack. 🙂
4. Rice Krispie Treats (Main Street Bake Shop): We’re not talking your regular run of the mill Rice Krispie treats here, we’re talking about the ones with the ICING ON TOP! Last Halloween my brother and his wife told us that we had to try out the Halloween Rice Krispie treats with orange icing and we were immediately hooked! These things are the best so grab a few for the hotel room when you get the munchies.
5. Dole Whip Soft Serve (Aloha Isle – Adventureland): Although not quite on the level of the Citrus Swirl, this refreshing treat does rank up there for the perfect treat on a hot summer day. How can you go wrong with Pineapple Juice, cream and sugar?!?! This one is easy to whip up at home too so look for the recipe in a separate article.
6. Popcorn (Treat Cart – Main Street USA): Ya know the popcorn that you get in a bag and that you cook in the microwave at home? The popcorn in the Magic Kingdom is a THOUSAND times better than the microwave kind! It’s almost like Disney has special corn kernels that pop just right in the Florida sun with just the right amount of salt that makes this so much better than anywhere else outside of Disney. It’s the perfect treat for the kids while sitting on the curb waiting for Spectromagic!
7. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich (Sleepy Hollow – Liberty Square): Disney took the idea of the regular ice cream sandwich and ‘kicked it up a notch’ by using fresh, soft, right out of the oven chocolate chip cookies to make this one of the best Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches you’ll ever have. You can also find them on Main Street but I thought that while you’re already back in Liberty Square trying number 2 above (Funnel Cake) you might as well get one of these delightful treats!
8. The Mickey Bar (Ice Cream Carts): Last but certainly not least…….You can get this very popular ice cream treat just about anywhere in Walt Disney World but I had to mention it as one of the top treats in the Magic Kingdom. There’s something special about walking around this park with a Mickey Bar in your hand. It brings back memories for the older Disney fans of being young again and I think that’s what the Magic Kingdom is all about. If you don’t get at least one Mickey Ice Cream Bar while you’re there (or if you’re like me you’ll get ONE PER DAY while you’re there) then you won’t know what you’re missing.
You can’t go wrong with any of these great snacks so have fun and enjoy!