Here are some great Walt Disney World Fun Food Facts!
- Take your pick. . . There are over 300 places to dine across Walt Disney World Resort. And that’s not counting the portable food carts. In all, more than 6,000 different food items are available.
- Someone’s in the kitchen . . . There are more than 350 chefs on staff at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Serving the wine . . . More than 625 sommeliers have been awarded the Court of Master Sommelier Introductory Certificate at Walt Disney World Resort, with more than 300 sommeliers currently in restaurants.
- Light as air . . . 10,000 dessert soufflés a year come out of the oven at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- You say tomato . . . California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort serves 70 pounds of vine-ripened tomatoes every night during “tomato season,” July through November.
- Green thumb . . . More than 30 tons of fruits and vegetables grown at The Land pavilion at Epcot are served in Walt Disney World restaurants.
- It’s a toss-up . . . 31,000 Cobb salads are tossed every year at The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney-MGM Studios. The original recipe for the dressing, created in 1926, still tops the salads.
- Thatsa pasta . . . Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano at Disney-MGM Studios serves 720 pounds of pasta every day.
- Finger food . . .Over 1.6 million turkey drumsticks are devoured every year in the four Walt Disney World theme parks.
- Warm beer . . . At United Kingdom Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in Epcot World Showcase, a specially designed ale warmer can heat your Guinness to 55 degrees, the temperature favored by Brits.
- Keeping cool . . . Over 2.6 million chocolate-covered Mickey Mouse ice cream bars are sold every year at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Just like mom’s . . . At least 125 orders of meat loaf and mashed potatoes are requested every day at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Disney-MGM Studios.
- Say cheese . . . More than 40 varieties of cheese are used by Disney theme park and resort chefs.
- Afternoon tea . . . The formal afternoon respite is celebrated daily at Garden View Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Crazy for popcorn . . . 322,000 pounds of popcorn are popped every year at Walt Disney World Resort — that’s 5 million bags of buttery kernels.
- More than 400,000 pounds . . . of unused, prepared food is donated annually through the Disney Harvest program to feed the homeless of Central Florida.
- 26.2 miles . . . of bratwurst are served every 60 days at the Biergarten restaurant in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. That, by the way, is the length of a marathon.
- Don’t spit the seeds . . . More than a million pounds of watermelon are served every year at Walt Disney World Resort.