There are many ways to save money when you’re dining in Walt Disney World and below are some of the best ways we’ve been able to find. Take advantage of some of these tips and make your next trip to Disney a little easier on the wallet. 🙂
• Buy fruit at the fruit stands located throughout the parks for under $4 per item
• Share a counter service meal since most Disney portions are huge
• If you’re an Annual Passholder you’ll be able to receive 10% off at many restaurants
• For the least expensive Character breakfast try Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort) or Ohana (Polynesian Resort)
• Eat a late breakfast and consider it breakfast AND lunch (same for a late lunch)
• Order from the kids menu at the counter service restaurants (can’t do this at sit down restaurants though)
• Consider the Disney Dining Plan for your length of stay
• Want a really good inexpensive lunch? Try “Earl of Sandwich” at Downtown Disney.
• Try dining outside of Disney as many local restaurants offer really good deals
• Best buffet deal in Disney? “Trails End Buffet” at the Fort Wilderness Campground.
• Order a-la-carte at the counter service restaurants if the meal has something you don’t want. It will be cheaper.
• If you’re staying at a Disney resort, purchase the Refillable Mug for $11.99 plus tax and for the rest of your stay the drinks (sodas, ice tea, coffee) are FREE.
• Eat breakfast at your hotel room by buying breakfast foods at local grocery stores and making coffee (most Disney hotels offer a coffeemaker)
• Bring small snacks with you into the parks
• Have an AAA membership? Bring your ID card to the Swan and Dolphin as many of the restaurants in those resorts will give you a 20% discount
• Drink a lot of water? Go to the local grocery store and buy 6-packs or cases of bottled water. It’s much cheaper than paying $2.50/bottle at the parks.
Have some more tips? I would love to hear them so email or comment!Print This Post
Technorati Tags: Walt Disney World